GIE+EXPO was cancelled in 2020 because of COVID-19, but it’s back and better than ever on October 20–22, 2021!
Ready to learn, shop, and network? Let’s dive into everything you can expect at this year’s trade show for lawn care, landscaping, and green industry professionals.
NOTE: The Jobber crew won’t have a booth this year, but follow us on Instagram for swag giveaways, ambassador events, and influencer takeovers!
Here’s everything you need to know about GIE+EXPO 2021:
1. What to expect at GIE+EXPO 2021
Head down to the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY, for the GIE+EXPO in October. This three-day equipment expo is the largest trade show in the green industry—and this year’s show is one you don’t want to miss.
Here’s what to expect from GIE+EXPO 2021:
- 1,000 exhibits across 675,000 sq. ft.
- 20+ acres of outdoor test driving and demonstrations
- New lines from landscape equipment dealers and software manufacturers
- Outdoor demonstrations and test driving
- Workshops and seminars to boost your business’s efficiency and profit
- Insights into growing your business and service offering
- Networking with vendors and other industry professionals
The event is sponsored by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP), the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI), and the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS).
“Thousands of other like-minded entrepreneurs will attend. It’s an opportunity to network and meet new friends. There are also some cool brand-new products to try out.”
—Paul Jamison, Green Industry Podcast
Photo: GIE+EXPO 2019
- Early Bird Registration: $20 (until September 9)
- Standard Registration: $40 (September 10–October 17)
- On-Site Registration: $80 (October 18–22)
Extra fees may apply for ticket upgrades, workshops, and training.
- Wednesday, October 20: 3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. (indoor exhibits)
- Thursday, October 21: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (indoors/outdoors)
- Friday, October 22: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (indoors) and 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. (outdoors)
“I love meeting up with fellow contractors from across the globe. There are so many opportunities to meet others with the same passions. The knowledge you can consume is endless—there’s no way to get it all in.”
—Tyler Dixon, Dixon & Company of NC Inc.
Register for GIE+EXPO 2021
Early bird online registration starts at $20 (or connect with an ambassador for an even better deal). Fill out the form, pick your hotel and travel options, and start packing!Register Now
2. Ambassador meetups and giveaways
Our ambassadors are repping the Jobber brand at GIE+EXPO! Keep an eye out for these lawn care and landscaping experts:
- Alex Kirby, Trifecta Landscaping
- Chant Singvongsa, Singvongsa Landscaping
- Christian Schloegel, C and I Services LLC
- Keith Kalfas, Keith Kalfas Professional Services
- Kevin Frost, Fall River Lawn Care
- Kory Ballard, Ballard Equipment Inc.
- Michael Bedell, Bedell Property Management LLC
- Mitchell Gordy, Mitchell’s Lawn Care LLC
- Paul Jamison, Green Industry Podcast
- Stacey Flanagan, SEF the Lawn Surgeon
- Tyler Dixon, Dixon & Company of NC Inc.
These ambassadors are making appearances at events throughout the expo, including GIE Rally, Chant’s famous parking lot meetup, and Alex’s docu series.
They’ll be taking over Jobber’s Instagram on Wednesday (Christian), Thursday morning (Keith), and Thursday evening during the GIE Rally (Alex).
READ MORE: See our landscaping business resources
Our ambassadors will also be giving away prizes, like hats, t-shirts, water bottles, a van wrap, and even 1-year subscriptions to Jobber’s Grow plan. Follow us to find out how to win!
Chat up our ambassadors
Get all tongue-tied around influencers? Not to worry. These are just a few topics you can chat with them about:
– How you’re marketing your business
– How you price your services
– What CRM you’re using
– How you handle quoting and invoicing
– Where you think the industry is headed
– The industry’s skilled labor crisis
– How 2020 affected your company and what you learned from it
– How Jobber keeps their own businesses running smoothly
Watch this space for more ambassador event and giveaway updates!
“As a Jobber Ambassador, I’m looking forward to sharing how Jobber has helped us as a company grow in the last three years—and giving away some awesome swag!”
—Chant Singvongsa, Singvongsa Landscaping
Get all the latest expo info
Follow @jobber on Instagram for real-time event updates and contest information. And use #roadtoGIE to show us how you’re prepping for the expo!Follow Jobber
3. Featured events and areas
As you’re exploring GIE+EXPO, make sure to check out these featured areas and events. They’re packed full of can’t-miss products, demonstrations, and entertainment that’ll make your expo experience one to remember.
- GIE Rally: Head to Copper and Kings on Thursday night for everyone’s favorite networking event—the GIE Rally! You’ll get to enjoy food and free swag, hang out with other business owners, and meet some of the biggest names in lawn care and landscaping. The event is free but you’ll need to pre-register.
- Influencer Podcast Live: Catch the live-audience podcast at 8:00 a.m. on Friday. Hosted by Naylor Taliaferro, Paul Jamison, and Caleb Auman, this interactive event features special guests Allyn Hane, Jason Creel, Kory Ballard, and Shawn and Savanaha Spencer.
- Docu Series: Alex Kirby will be covering GIE+EXPO and interviewing influencers, ambassadors, and attendees in a documentary-style video. This is happening all three days of the expo—see if you can spot him on the go!
- Concert Series: Take in three nights of free concerts at Fourth Street Live, downtown Louisville’s food and entertainment district. The concert series runs October 19–21.
- Opening Keynote: Kick off the expo by listening to Admiral James Stavridis speak on leadership and resilience at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 20.
- Food Truck Thursday: On Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., some of Louisville’s favorite food trucks will park in Freedom Hall so you can try some of the city’s best and most-loved flavors.
- TurfMutt Adoption Event: Take a break from education and networking to pet some good dogs—and maybe even adopt one! The event runs from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- Parking Lot Meetup: At 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, head out to the parking lot by the ferris wheel for a meetup with Chant Singvongsa and other industry influencers. Connect with other professionals and snap a group photo in front of Chant’s Daily Hustle trucks. Be one of the first 250 there and get a swag bag!
- Kentucky Derby Museum: At 5:00–8:00 p.m. on Thursday, use your expo badge to access the museum and get a taste of derby action, plus a film experience, interactive exhibits, and a walking tour of the racetrack grounds.
Photo: Chant’s parking lot meetup
“I get excited about meeting like-minded people. I haven’t missed a year from the first year I started my business. I hope to get the same thing I always get: new friends and new business ideas.”
—Kevin Frost, Fall River Lawn Care
- Social Media Lounge: The ECHO Means Business lounge is a comfy place to relax, connect with other business owners, live-post about the expo on your social media, and maybe even get a little work done. You can also grab swag and win prizes!
- Drone Zone: Show your skills on a drone flight simulator, then take the controls and fly a drone alongside an expert trainer. There will be hourly sessions on exciting new ways to use drones in your business, and you could even win a drone of your very own.
- Hardscape North America: This expo is running alongside GIE+EXPO, giving you full access to hardscape exhibits. You can also upgrade your registration to include demos.
- Landscapes: This conference for lawn care and landscaping professionals is also co-located with GIE+EXPO and includes a full lineup of industry speakers.
- New Products Spotlight: See manufacturers’ newest items, including products introduced within the last year—and some to be unveiled during the show.
- Outdoor Demonstration Area: Put on your work shoes and explore over 20 acres of turf! You can test out new products and join in exhibitor competitions.
- UTV Test Track: Make sure to bring your driver’s license so you can put the latest vehicles through their paces on the track. You can also enter to win $15,000 toward a new UTV!
READ MORE: Explore our lawn care business resources
“The demo area outside is my favorite part—I love to try out the newest equipment and technology. There are plenty of equipment demos outside, awesome NALP workshops inside, and endless networking opportunities all around!”
—Christian Schloegel, C and I Services LLC
4. Education and workshops
Add a little learning to your GIE+EXPO experience with one of the many classroom courses or education opportunities available. They’re available for an added cost or upgraded registration, and you’ll need to pre-register.
- Hardscape Demos: If you’re a landscaper, you’ll want to take part in all six hardscaping education sessions with Frank Bourque and his expert team. He’ll walk you through the best practices for hardscape features and installs.
- Tree Climbing: In these tree arborist demos, you can discuss tree topics and test out safety techniques with expert climbers throughout the expo. You’ll need to register for each session separately.
- Remote Pilot Certification Course: Learn about drone flight requirements and prepare for your Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification exam with this two-day, 13-hour course.
- Technology Summit: Catch three presentations about new technology and how these tools can help your business become safer, more efficient, and more profitable.
READ MORE: Check out our arborist business resources
“I enjoy networking with industry peers and looking at the innovation in our industry. Use this as a quick vacation and learn what industry trends might help elevate your business.”
—Kory Ballard, Ballard Equipment Inc.
Photo: GIE+EXPO 2019
- Robotics and Technology in Landscape Design and Maintenance (10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
- Who What Where – What Apps are Best for Tracking Labor, Schedules and Project Management? (10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
- Disruptive Innovation and Must-Have Technology for the Green Industry (10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
- Irrigation Symposium – Landscape Irrigation 2021: Opportunities and Challenges (12:30–1:30 p.m.)
- The Ins & Outs of Websites (3:00–4:15 p.m.)
- Creating a Modern Workforce: A 21st Century Approach to Management (4:30–5:45 p.m.)
- Michigan State University’s Landscape Services Technology Journey to Higher Performance (8:00–9:15 a.m.)
- Secrets Every Contractor Ought to Know About the Hardscape Business (8:00–9:15 a.m.)
- Estimating Hardscape Projects with Confidence (9:30–10:45 a.m.)
- Human Resources Compliance Best Practices (11:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m.)
- How Your Landscaping Company Can Optimize Google My Business to Generate a
- Constant Flow of Leads (1:00–2:15 p.m.)
- Creating a Five-Star Brand (2:30–3:45 p.m.)
- Drones in the Green Industry (8:00–9:15 a.m.)
- Online Reviews: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (8:00–9:15 a.m.)
- Benchmarks & Critical Numbers for the Landscape Industry (9:30–10:45 a.m.)
“I’m looking forward to meeting people, talking business, testing equipment, and spreading the good word on how much I truly love Jobber. GIE+EXPO is a must-go to grow your business.”
—Stacey Flanagan, SEF the Lawn Surgeon
Photo: GIE+EXPO 2018
5. Travel planning for GIE+EXPO 2021
Excited for the expo but not sure how to get ready? Here’s what you should think about when you’re planning to travel. Make sure to check local COVID-19 regulations, too!
- Walking shoes
- Phone and charger
- Comfortable backpack
- Snacks and water bottle
- Expo pass (or pick it up on site)
- Business cards
PRO TIP: As you’re prepping yourself and your business for the expo, use the #roadtoGIE hashtag and tag us in your posts so we can follow along!
The Kentucky Exposition Center is located at the junction of I-65 and I-264 (937 Phillips Lane) in Louisville. Look for signs reading “Fair/Expo Center” on both interstates.
Want to beat the traffic into the expo grounds? Go through main entry gates 2 and 4 on Crittenden Drive, or gate 6 on Preston Highway.
GIE+EXPO offers free parking to all attendees. Paid RV parking (with optional electric hookup) is also available by reservation through the Kentucky Exposition Center website.
If you’re arriving in Louisville by plane, you’ll land at the Louisville International Airport (SDF). It’s located just seven minutes from downtown and four minutes from the expo grounds.
Save up to 10% when you book your flights using a promo code with one of GIE+EXPO’s participating airlines.
The Louisville Housing Bureau is the expo’s official hotel reservation company. They offer hotel reservations within easy driving distance of the Kentucky Exposition Center grounds, and free shuttle buses are available.
As an added bonus, if you register for your hotel room through the LHB before October 1, you’ll be entered to win a travel package!
“Don’t miss out on the family reunion! Last year taught us these great opportunities for growth may not happen every year, so you have to make the most of them.”
—Michael Bedell, Bedell Property Management LLC
Photo: GIE+EXPO 2019
6. Visiting Louisville, KY
The host city of Louisville, Kentucky, is centrally located in the United States, making it easy for industry professionals to make their way to GIE+EXPO.
Louisville is the largest city in the state and is home to dozens of attractions and thousands of restaurants of every flavor. Show your GIE+EXPO badge for discounts at participating locations!
Here are some of Louisville’s top must-dos, gotta-eats, and have-to-sees:
- Bourbon Country: Follow the Urban Bourbon Trail and sample the best food and drinks at over 40 bourbon bars and restaurants in Louisville. You can also explore one of several distilleries located downtown.
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory: If you’re a sports fan, you’ll want to explore baseball history in the museum, try out the batting cages, and take an award-winning factory tour. You can even personalize your own bat.
- Louisville Zoo: The zoo is home to over 1,100 animals spread out over 130 acres, including the award-winning Gorilla Forest and Glacier Run exhibits. You can also enjoy rides, attractions, and education programs.
- Mega Cavern: Work your way through 17 miles of man-made underground tunnels using ziplines, bridges, and walking paths—and discover its history as a former quarry and the largest building in Kentucky!
- Muhammad Ali Center: Take in exhibits about Ali’s life and the principles that guided him. Find out how he became an all-time great, then inspired worldwide change. The center offers programs, collections, and education.
- Top Restaurants: Louisville lives up to its reputation for incredible food. Explore local flavors, including ribs and BBQ, at some of the city’s top restaurants. Whatever you’re feeling, you’ll be able to find something that hits the spot.
“I love seeing old friends and meeting new ones. This year I plan to spread the word as much as possible about Jobber and what it’s done for my business. If you want to take your company to the next level, your attendance is a must.”
—Mitchell Gordy, Mitchell’s Lawn Care LLC
Register for GIE+EXPO 2021
Early bird registration starts at $20. Fill out the online form, pick your hotel and travel options, and start packing!Register Now