Estimate templates are essential for maintaining consistency and efficiency. They help you keep your tree care business organized while on the job site. Plus, they tell your clients what they’re about to pay for when you convert the estimate to a quote.
Use this template as an estimate guideline that you can convert to a quote and an invoice down the road. It takes care of the complicated stuff like formatting, information fields, line items, automated calculations, and business information.
Once you download the form and share it with your team, your estimating and quoting will be smooth sailing.
Get your tree trimming estimate templateDownload Free PDF
How to use this tree trimming estimate form
1. Download the PDF to your device.
2. Save it as a new file.
3. Open a new copy of the file for each estimate you want to create.
4. Add in line items with the service or product name, code, and considerations (e.g., pruning, canopy clean-up, stump-grinding, EAB Injection, structural support).
5. Calculate the total parts, products, labor, and time required.
6. Add on taxes, fees, and any discounts.
7. Save the estimate as a new file with a unique name (e.g., Tree Consultation.Estimate 33409.PatrickSouth.PDF).
What is a tree trimming estimate template?
A tree trimming estimate template is a blank copy of your estimate or quote form that you use as an outline to create more detailed quotes for your prospects during or after a consultation. It can be used as a to-do list for your techs during consultations as well, so they don’t miss anything on the job site.
You can find templates as fill-in PDFs, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheets, free quoting tools, or even software like Jobber.
The point of the template is to have a blank form that you can quickly fill out during or after a consultation with a lead. It helps you avoid filling out the same information over and over again (like procedures and protocols, terms, payment periods, or contact information) before handing it over to your client.
It also helps your prospect get an understanding of what’s involved in the project they’re interested in hiring you for. When you can offer your leads a clear estimate or quote, they get a better understanding of your services and your level of professionalism.
Why should you use an estimate template?
- A consistent format helps you stay organized and include all necessary information, every time.
- A template saves time by allowing you or your techs to simply fill in fields without additional work.
- A copy of a clear estimate helps you track and measure your projected accounts receivable, as well as your margins.
- It keeps your office, team, and technicians organized and accountable.
- Clear, accurate estimates help your client set realistic expectations and tells them exactly what to expect if they decide to hire you.
- You and your client will be on the same page if they have any questions before signing on with you.
What if you need multiple templates?
Our 100% free Estimating Toolkit makes it easy to create, send, and track estimates. Sign up today and get access to professional-looking estimates that you can send out to your clients in just moments.
How to find the right tree care template to grow your business
The template you use should be flexible enough to allow your techs to use it as a form on the job site, and then convert it to a quote. That way you can send a detailed and professional-looking quote to your clients.
It shouldn’t force you to constantly create a new outline for every single consultation appointment call you have.
START ESTIMATING NOW: Get this template and more in our 100% free Estimating Toolkit.
The template should include helpful information for your team—as well as the client—for a number of reasons.
- Your team has all the account information on hand if they ever need to return to the job site.
- Techs can update the estimate and if they realize the job has more work than initially considered for the scope.
- Your team has access to products and parts needed to complete the job because they’re included in the template.
- Your client understands the services provided and their cost because they were informed early on.
- Your client knows how to contact you if they want to hire you for the project, save your business information for later, compare you with your competitors, or refer you to a friend.
Start winning tree trimming work with our free Estimating Toolkit
Our Estimating Toolkit makes it easy to make professional-looking estimates, win new jobs, and get paid for your hard work. The best part? It’s 100% free.Sign Up Now