Once you have a good idea of which handyman services you’re allowed to offer clients in your area, there are some common options to choose from.
Get your handyman services listDownload Free Spreadsheet
How to use this handyman services list
Learn more about importing products and services lists into Jobber.
- Download the CSV spreadsheet to your device and open it.
- Update the spreadsheet to include the products and services you offer, as well as their prices.
- Save the spreadsheet as a new file.
- Use your custom services list each time you price and quote new jobs. Or, import it directly into Jobber to take advantage of optional line items, packages, and images on your quotes.
What should I include in my handyman services list?
As a handyman, your services can vary depending on what you’re allowed to offer and what you’re comfortable doing.
Below are some examples of interior and exterior handyman services you can offer to your clients.
PRO TIP: Don’t forget to include your hourly labor rate in your quote or estimate! It might be included in your other services, but if a job will take more time or crew members to complete, add in extra hours to keep the job profitable.
Interior Handyman Services
Inside a client’s home, there are a variety of different handyman services you can offer.
- Furniture Assembly: Clients who purchase some-assembly-required furniture don’t always want to do the work themselves. As a handyman, you can offer to mount TVs, hang pictures and mirrors, install closet organizers, and assemble furniture like desks, tables, chairs, beds, shelves, and more.
- Interior Paint and Stain: Applying interior paint and stain doesn’t just mean that you recolor walls. It also refers to anything else a client might need you to update, like wood furniture, baseboards, doors, ceilings, and cupboards.
- Drywall Maintenance and Repairs: Drywall maintenance and repairs—like patching a hole, repairing a nail pop, or even removing old wallpaper—are all tasks that you can add to your handyman services list.
- Minor Plumbing Tasks: Some common plumbing-related services that handymen offer include fixing leaky faucets, installing new bathroom hardware like faucets and showerheads, and removing or applying caulking in bathrooms and kitchens
- Minor Electrical Tasks: As a handyman, you may choose to offer minor electrical services. This could include replacing a lightbulb, installing a new light fixture or ceiling fan, installing home security cameras and equipment, and upgrading or changing smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Minor Carpentry Tasks: Some of the minor carpentry tasks that you may provide as a handyman include building bookshelves and interior storage solutions, replacing doors or adding pet doors, repairing or installing kitchen cabinets, and replacing or repairing baseboards and window or door trim.
- Window Coverings: Many handymen offer window covering services, such as installing blinds, curtains, and other window coverings.
- Interior Winterization: Interior winterization handyman services are typically made up of installing or repairing window film, weatherstripping, door sweeps, and foam insulation and caulking around doors and windows.
- Babyproofing: Handymen can be a big help to new parents who don’t have time to babyproof their home themselves. You can help with tasks like installing outlet covers and safety locks, setting up baby gates, and anchoring furniture like dressers and bookshelves.
- Door Hardware Installation: Sometimes homeowners want to install new doorknobs and handles as part of a remodel or upgrade. Other times, they want to install new deadbolts and locks for security purposes. These are all things that you can help with as a handyman.
- Tiling: Tiles are common in kitchens and bathrooms as flooring and backsplashes. Handymen often install, repair, and maintain tiles, including cleaning and applying grout and caulking.
- Senior Home Upgrades: Some senior-specific home upgrades handymen can help with include walk-in tub installation, grab bar installation, stairlift installation, motion-sensor faucets, and shower seats. You may also be able to assist with ramps and other accessibility projects.
NOTE: With plumbing, electrical, and carpentry tasks, make sure that you don’t take on any work that would be better suited to a contractor.
Try handyman business software for free
Create professional-looking quotes, win new work, and get paid faster when the job’s done.Get Started
Exterior Handyman Services
Exterior handyman services include things like outside home maintenance and repairs, as well as some installation work. Some of the most common exterior handyman services include:
- Gutter Cleaning: Gutter cleaning can be tricky for homeowners who don’t have the time or the right equipment. This service can include removing debris, fixing clogs, making repairs, and cleaning out downspouts.
- Pressure Washing: Pressure washing can dramatically improve the look of a home’s exterior. If you have a pressure washer, you can offer your pressure washing services to clean decks, stairs, driveways, and building exteriors like siding.
- Window Washing: Exterior window washing for two- and three-story homes is another straightforward handyman service that you can offer. You may also choose to only wash windows on the ground floor of a home, depending on what you’re comfortable with.
- Screen Installation and Repairs: Window and door screens sometimes need maintenance and repair work, like replacing a screen or installing a screen door. You may also need to patch a tear or mend a frame.
- Exterior Paint and Stain: Decks, fences, doors, and home exteriors all need a fresh coat of paint or stain every so often, which is something you can do as a handyman. Aside from applying a new coat, you may also need to strip old paint or make small repairs to surfaces before you get started.
- General Yard Maintenance: Some handymen offer general yard maintenance services, like building garden planters, installing paving stones, setting up BBQs and patio furniture, disassembling seasonal furniture, and putting up holiday lights and decorations.
- Fence and Gate Repairs: Fences and gates need repairs and upkeep to stand the test of time. As a handyman, you can offer services to build and install exterior gates, repair broken fence panels and posts, install decorative fences and borders, and replace latches.
PRO TIP: If you offer similar tasks, consider splitting them into seasonal packages for spring and fall. In the spring, market your warm-weather services. In the fall, shift to helping homeowners with winterization.
Why should I use a handyman services list?
Using a list to keep track of the handyman services that you offer benefits your business in a number of different ways.
Create a consistent pricing strategy
When you build out a list of the services that you offer, you can attach a price to each one. This helps you price jobs between different clients clearly, consistently, and accurately.
It also helps to ensure that you make enough profit for each job that you do.
Provide faster estimates and quotes
When you have a list of services to refer to, making quotes and estimates is as simple as adding items from your handyman services list to your client documents. There’s no need to rely on your memory or a scrap of paper.
Using Jobber, you can upload and save a service list so that it’s always on hand when creating a new quote.
Build a marketing plan
As a handyman, some of the services you offer are going to be more popular during certain seasons. This means that you need to market them accordingly. It wouldn’t make much sense to offer patio furniture assembly and holiday light installation in the same flyer, would it?
By figuring out which handyman services you plan to offer, you can build a strategic and cost-effective marketing plan around them. For example, if you offer babyproofing and aging-in-place upgrades for seniors but your competitors don’t, you can highlight those services in your marketing materials.
This helps you get the most out of your seasonal marketing efforts and highlight any services that give you a competitive edge.
READ MORE: Free handyman resources for you to explore
Win more jobs worth more money
Use Jobber to build professional-looking quotes that stand out from your competitors and tell your clients what they’re getting.Find Out How