Free Quote Template [Download]
Quote templates are essential for maintaining consistency and efficiency. They help you keep your field service business organized, make you look more professional, and inform your clients about what they’re about to pay for.
Use this template to help you take care of the complicated stuff like formatting, information fields, calculations, and business information. Once you download the form and share it with your team, your invoicing will be smooth sailing.
Skip templates with our new free quoting tool.
Text and email quotes to clients. Save information for good.Create my free account now
How to use this free quote template
1. Download the PDF version of the template to your computer or tablet.
2. Save it as a new file.
3. Open the saved file and hard save some information in the template such as your contact information, and thank you and warranty in the “notes” section.
4. Open a new copy of the saved file or each new quote you’re ready to create after a consultation.
5. Customize the fields with the service, special materials or supplies, and other important details regarding the job.
6. Calculate the total parts, labor, and time required, then add on taxes, fees, discounts, etc.
7. Save it as a new file with a unique name (Field Service Quote 002234.CaseyQuo.PDF)
What is a job quote template?
A job quote template is a blank copy of your estimate or quote form that you use as an outline to create more detailed quotes for your prospects after a consultation.
The point of the template is to have a blank form that you can quickly fill out during or after a consultation with a lead. It helps you avoid filling out the same information over and over again (like procedures and protocols, terms, payment periods, or contact information) before handing it over to your client.
It also helps your prospect get an understanding of what’s involved in the project they’re interested in hiring you for. When you can offer your leads a clear estimate or quote, they get a better understanding of your services and your level of professionalism.
Do you need a quote or estimate template?
To make things simple, we recommend having one flexible template that you can use for estimates, quotes, and invoices. That way, you can keep information consistent across the board, and easily convert your final copies as you move through the journey of working with your client.
You can always change the information inside the template by saving a copy of the original and editing it along the way.
How to find the right service quote template to grow your business
The right quote template should be flexible enough to allow you to send custom, detailed, and professional-looking invoices and quotes to your clients. It shouldn’t force you to constantly create a new outline for every single service call you have.
The template should include helpful information for your team as well as the client. That way:
- You have all the account information on hand if you ever need to return to the jobsite.
- You can easily reference past services, materials, and equipment because they are included in the quote.
- Your client has a solid understanding of the services that were provided and their cost.
- Your client knows your service warranty and terms and conditions because they are stated on your quotes.
- Your client knows how to contact you if they ever need your services again, or would like to refer you to their friend.
Why should you use templates?
- A consistent format helps you stay organized, and account for all necessary information every time.
- They reduce room for error by reminding you about mandatory fields you need to fill out.
- Digital quotes help you look more professional than hand-written quotes that were written in your car right after an appointment.
- They save time by allowing you to simply fill in fields without additional work.
- A copy of a clear quote or invoice helps you track and measure your accounts receivable.
- They help you keep track of your rates and prices in case you need to make changes to improve your margins in the future.
- They help you get paid the proper amount on time — especially if your payment terms are on them.
- You can send them off to your client using a method (like email) that works for both of you.