Generating high-quality leads is one of your biggest priorities as a cleaning business owner. It also happens to be one of the most challenging tasks on your to-do list.
Cleaning flyers are any type of print advertising that are individually printed and shared in a large area. This can include postcard mail, posters, door hangers, and brochures.
Residential and commercial cleaning flyers are a popular way to spread the word about your services, but only the best ones will turn prospects into paying clients.
Let’s explore what a good flyer looks like (including cleaning service flyer ideas and examples), along with why and how to use them.
Jump ahead to learn about cleaning services flyers:
What goes on a good cleaning company flyer?
Keep your cleaning service flyers simple, but include all the information a potential client needs to know. Here’s what to put on a cleaning service flyer:
- Your cleaning company name and logo
- Your contact details (phone number, email, website)
- A list of your cleaning services
Once you have the basics (and if you have the room), you can add in extras like:
- Your brand colors
- Your mission, vision, and values
- A clever tagline or slogan
- A photo or illustration
- A special offer or discount
- Services for community members in need
- An offer for free quotes or consultations
- Your status as a licensed, bonded, and insured cleaning business
You should also include anything that makes you stand out from competitors. This could mean highlighting your green cleaning products, or listing added services like carpet cleaning or home organization.
What should I put on my cleaning service flyer?
Use this checklist when you’re working on a cleaning services flyer design:
▢ Your name, logo, branding, and contact details
▢ Your cleaning services list, including add-on or specialty services
▢ Eye-catching visuals and a strong message
▢ A discount or special offer
▢ Anything that sets you apart from the competition
That said, keep your cleaning service flyer straightforward. Don’t clutter it with too much text or imagery. This will keep it eye-catching and simple to read, which will make it easier for potential clients to contact you.
Here are two examples of cleaning business flyer ideas:
❌ The flyer on the left is far too cluttered with imagery and text. Important information like services and contact details are small and hard to read.
✅ The flyer for cleaning services on the right is much more effective. The message, services, and contact details stand out, and the single photo supports that information instead of distracting from it.
What does a good cleaning flyer look like?
A good cleaning flyer uses a simple headline, a brief list of services, a quality photo, and a minimalist design. It should also include your company name, logo, and branding.
Steer clear of multiple fonts, clashing colors, and confusing images. Just like a clean house, the less visual clutter, the better.
Pro Tip: Don’t include house cleaning pricing or commercial cleaning prices in your flyers if you charge a flat rate for services. The time it takes to clean can vary depending on the space and the client’s needs, and you don’t want to be locked in at a too-low advertised rate.
Residential and commercial cleaning flyers examples
Let’s dive into some examples of what your cleaning company flyers could look like as postcard mail, posters, door hangers, and brochures.
Postcard mail cleaning flyers
Your local printing company or postal service can design and deliver ads in the form of postcard marketing—directly to potential clients’ mailboxes. Here’s an example of what postcard mail can look like, front and back:
This postcard example shines for a few different reasons:
- It includes a message that’s specific to the homeowner’s situation (i.e., they just bought and moved into their home).
- The photo helps underline the business’s cleaning services.
- It offers an initial discount and a second, even larger discount for continued service.
- It lists core services without going into too much detail.
Office cleaning postcards and janitorial flyers can use a very similar design, just with different content. Swap out the photo, the headline, the offer, and the services, and you’re all set.
Postcards have a big reach, but they can also be expensive. So if you’re working with a small budget, you may want to choose a type of flyer with lower print and distribution costs.
Pro Tip: Like the idea of postcards but looking for something less expensive? Digital postcards save on print and distribution costs while still getting your message across to clients.
Cleaning flyer ideas for posters
Work with a local printing shop to design and print posters. You can then put them up around town on community bulletin boards. Your poster could look like this:
The poster includes a lot of the same information as the postcard, but it’s meant for a more general audience: anyone who might be passing by. Here’s why it works:
- The main message (“House Cleaning Services Chicago”) is simple and easy to understand.
- The photo is eye-catching and makes it clear what the cleaning business provides.
- The business’s services, contact information, and logo are highly visible.
FREE TOOL: Get our free cleaning invoice template
There’s one more element you can add to your posters to make them successful—tearaway strips. These strips don’t hold much information, so prioritize your name and contact details.
It’s easy to create your own flyer using Tearaway, Jobber’s free and customizable cleaning flyer template tool. Quickly design a tearaway poster of your own that looks like this:
This tearaway flyer encourages potential clients to use online booking, which is helpful for busy parents and professionals.
And with 10 tearaway tabs for potential clients to grab, cleaning services advertising templates like this are an inexpensive way to get more leads.
Make your free tearaway flyer now
Jobber’s free Tearaway Flyer Maker helps you design simple flyers to advertise your cleaning business. Just print and post, then start building your client list right away.Design Flyers
Door hanger house cleaning flyers
Door hangers are long, narrow flyers with a cutout so you can hang them on the doorknobs at potential clients’ homes.
These housekeeping flyers are a great way to keep costs low while still targeting individual homes. That said, you’ll need to get them through a local or online print shop because of the unique cutout design.
This is one example of what your door hangers could look like:
This door hanger works for several reasons:
- The design stands out against a potential client’s front door without being overwhelming
- It targets a very specific market—current clients’ neighbors
- The services, contact details, business name, and logo are nice and visible for easy action
Residential and commercial cleaning brochure ideas
Cleaning brochures allow much more information than postcard mail, posters, or door hangers. Readers expect to, well, read—so having lots of content is no problem at all.
Here’s what your typical tri-fold (six-panel) cleaning company brochure could look like:
This cleaning business brochure includes loads of helpful information, like:
- Name and logo on front and back covers
- Phone number and cleaning website
- Services list
- Brand colors, photos, and even a pattern
- Company slogan
- Brief company overview
- What sets them apart from competitors
It’s easy to update this same layout to include commercial cleaning services.
You can get affordable brochures through your local print shop, or even print them yourself at home. Then it’s just a matter of putting brochures in potential clients’ mailboxes or asking current clients to share them with a friend.
READ MORE: How to bundle and upsell cleaning services
How do I make a flyer for my cleaning business?
You can make a cleaning business flyer yourself using a branding tool like Looka. Once you’ve designed a logo, it’s easy to build out the rest of your brand.
You can also work with a local or online print shop to design your flyers.
Get cleaning company resources
Learn more about running and marketing your business, hiring employees, and building a successful cleaning company with our free resources.Read More
Why use cleaning services flyers?
Cleaning service flyers are just one form of catchy house cleaning ads, but they can also be one of the most effective when they’re done right. Here’s how cleaning service flyers can help your business:
- Bring in new leads. When a potential client sees your cleaning service flyer and contacts you, use Jobber’s job quoting software to book a home walkthrough and send a detailed quote. You can also send automated quote follow-ups to turn a hesitant lead into a paying client.
- Build brand awareness. Not everyone who gets a flyer will need your services right away. But introducing your business to the community and making sure people know your name can help bring in new customers down the road.
READ MORE: The best apps for cleaning services
Get our free cleaning estimate template
Impress clients with a professional-looking, customizable estimate template. Fill it out fast and win work even faster.Customize Template
How to use cleaning flyers
- Target the right market. You’ll get better results by sending flyers to ideal clients, not a random large group. Distribute flyers in their neighborhoods or the places where they spend time. Let’s say your ideal clients are working parents. Add flyers to bulletin boards at local businesses offering children’s activities like gymnastics, dance, and karate.
- Send a clear message. Communicate any special offers up front and include a call to action (CTA) telling your potential clients what to do. This could be calling a number, using a coupon code, or booking an appointment online.
- Track your success. If you’re offering a discount, attach it to a unique promo code. This will tell you how many of your leads are coming from flyers—and whether it’s a good way to promote your cleaning business long-term. Use your CRM to keep track of all of this.
- Start small and scale up. Create a small batch of flyers to start, and distribute them in just one neighborhood to see if you get results. If you get strong results, you can print more flyers and distribute them in a much larger area.
Generating leads with cleaning services flyers
These cleaning company flyer ideas can help you bring in new leads and get cleaning clients. Just remember to keep your messaging simple, work within your budget, and experiment to see what works for you.
Count on Jobber to keep your cleaning business organized
Use cleaning business software to send quotes, manage jobs, invoice clients, and get paid—faster.Get Started
First published March 2021. Last updated February 17, 2022.